Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crescent Chicken - Recipe Review

comfyinthekitchen.com
Crescent Chicken
(serves 6-8 rolls)
1 (8 or 6 jumbo count) package refrigerator crescent rolls
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (using soup can)
Preheat oven to 350
Prepare soup using milk and set aside. Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling. Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour soup over rolls. Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 mins.

Made this a couple of weeks ago and my family liked it really well.  The chicken was nested in the crescent rolls alongside cheese (for my casserole I used motzerella cheese) and the gravy was very creamy but did not make the bread mushy.  Very tastey and filling.  I doubled the recipe because I have a larger family to feed, but I did have a few leftover.  This meal is also a frugal meal as it only took a couple of chicken breasts to fill all those crescent rolls.  This will definitely be a do over meal for us.  Check out comfyinthekitchen.com for lots of pics along side the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment