Sunday, December 5, 2010

Habits

A lot of us, especially me, struggle with the idea of habits. We get caught up in the negative side of the spectrum of habits when in all actuality there is a positive side if our habits. Right now my biggest projects is to add good habits to my routine in replace of my bad habits.

The worst word that I battle with is "CAN'T," so I have been telling myself things I can do rather than what I cannot do.

Example:
I Cant Vs. I Get To

I can't eat that Candy Bar. I get to nourish my body.
I can't watch three hours I get to strengthen my mind
of T.V. tonight. with a book.
I can't sleep in on Saturday . I get to spend time with my family on Saturday.
I can't play on the computer I get to have a clean, company
all day. ready home.
I can't go shopping this I get to save money for
insert weekend for {insert idea here}.

These are just a few examples of the positive examples that I have come up with so far. You can use these or make your own.

It is said that it takes 300 instances of positive reinforcement to turn an action into a habit. So by changing ONE habit, we send a butterfly into effect and will ultimately start to change other habits.

We first make our habits, then our habits make us. -Charles C. Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment