Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 7-13th Dinner Plan


New Year Resolutions for my family are in!!! And eating more healthful is one of them, starting this week you be seeing meals with fresher ingredients and I will be cutting out over processed packaged foods (well for the most part), a lot of our red meat consumption and adding fish to our diet 2 times a week.
My husband I have decided that it is time to start eating right for our health and most importantly teaching our girls that eating well is the best thing to do and that it can be downright tasty. Beware I will be trying new recipes which I will note on the page if something is a first time use for me. I am going to be on a mad hunt to find fabulous recipes my family will love and hopefully you too. After I try the new recipe I will post my review on it and let you know whether it will be a repeat.
Also next week be watching out for some healthy breakfast ideas, lunch, and snack ideas.

Day 1
Skillet Curry Chicken (recipe below)
Roasted cauliflower and red potatoes tossed with garlic and olive oil

Day 2
Green salad topped with seared scallops
Served with Whole wheat dinner rolls

Day 3
Pork roast on top of vegetables in a crock pot

Day 4
Indonesian Grilled Fish (link for below, it is a swordfish, but I substitute other firm fish too)
(http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/indonesian-grilled-swordfish-recipe/index.html)
Sauteed fresh green beans
Bulgar pilaf with veggies

Day 5
Braised Pork chops
Steamed Broccoli
Low fat mashed potatoes (I used low fat sour cream and chives to make it tasty)

Day 6
40 Clove Garlic Chicken (substitute the alcohol with chicken stock in the recipe below)
(http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-with-forty-cloves-of-garlic-recipe/index.html)
Grits cooked in chicken stock and flavored with Parmesan cheese
Steamed Carrots

Day 7
Chicken Parmesan
Side salad
whole wheat pasta

Recipe for Skillet Curry Chicken by the Dinner Diva (Leann Ely)

Ingredients:
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts 2 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper 1 lime quartered
1 tablespoon curry powder chopped cilantro

Directions:
Rub chicken with vinegar; sprinkle one side with salt, pepper, curry powder, and half flour. Place the chicken flour side down in hot skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle curry, salt, pepper, and flour on chicken side up in pan. Cook on each side approximately 5 minutes or until done all the way through. Serve with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment