Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Cleaning - Day 2


Yep, its day 2 of my Spring Cleaning spree and today was the girls' bedroom. And yes, this room too took longer than I had planned. Mostly because I spent most of the time trying to rearrange the furniture more efficiently. Space is definitely an issue with two girls sharing a bedroom. They did have a bunk bed, but it was too close to the ceiling fan no matter where it was placed in the room so my husband and I took it apart and now we have two beds in there taking up space. The positive of having the two beds is the storage space under each one because they are up pretty high off the ground so they fit large tubs under them. They both are pleased with how their room turned out, but I'm not so sure I made any more space for them. It does look better though.
What I did:
-cleaned out under the beds
-moved furniture around
-re-organized tubs
-washed bedding
-cleaned the blinds
-organized the closet
-culled some toys out
-threw out garbage
-straightened the book shelves
-vaccumed

Tomorrow I plan to take on a much simpler room; the baby's room. No furniture needs to be moved and her room is fairly simple as of right now. I know as she gets older that will change, but for now I will enjoy its simplicity. I actually want to get out of the house tomorrow, perhaps to the library, so I only want to spend about an hour on the room. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment