Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Cleaning


I'm normally not a Spring Cleaning kind of gal, but this year I have been so busy and my house has been so neglected I've decided a spring cleaning is in order. Rather than try and get through the whole house in 1 or 2 days and completely exhaust myself I'm breaking the house up into rooms to complete. I will post daily my completed tasks and what room I have gotten a deep cleaning on.

Today was catch up on laundry day. I wanted to get all the clothes washed and put away, plus wash bedding. And what better day than to do the the laundry room beings I was in and out of there all day today. I completed my todo's in there, and it actually is pretty presentable, which says a lot about the laundry room! All I used was a spray bottle mixed with water and bleach and a washcloth.

Things I did:
Sprayed both the washer and dryer down and cleaned them.
Straightened all the shelves and threw out trash
Washed down the walls
Washed the baseboards
Washed the floor
Took out things that did not belong in the room

Successful day. I think I spent more time than I wanted to, but that's because laundry is a time consuming job. I'm hoping the rest of the house will only take me an hour or two each day. The girls are on spring break and I don't want to spend our whole break cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment