Sunday, May 1, 2011

Add Character to Your Table

I have the book Country Living Shoestring Chic - Extraordinary Style for Less and I love love love this idea. In the book Gail Abbott suggests using mismatched table china when entertaining. Plates, glasses, silverware, everything...if it makes you feel good, use it. I love this because I actually have a set of dishes, but I only have so many and really not a lot of money to add more. But I can pick up pretty little dishes all over the place for pennies on the dollar. I can pick up as many as I want and if one gets broken, while it will be sad, it won't be a hopeless situation of trying to replace with the same china pattern.
Plus what adds more character and conversation than a table full of colorful plates and glasses? Its a simple elegance with a very low price tag. I can't wait to get out and start looking for my new china!

No comments:

Post a Comment